Friday, May 6, 2011

"T" for Transformer (Tiger is so yesterday)



I have not updated the Blog for a long time.. I think I definitely need to catch up ..
And was just thinking what should I blog about and just then I see my son who's completely hooked ,heavily obsessed and strangely fascinated with Transformers..

I don't even know where my 5 year old learned about Transformers, but he is obsessed with
Transformers- He has been for years now.. Way before the new movie came out ..And when the movie came out, I got the DVD for him. He saw the movie....Sat th
rough the entire 2 hours, and came to me with his
eyes the size of silver dollars, claiming that he had just seen the BEST MOVIE EVER!!!

Here’s a conversation Shiv and I had one morning over breakfast:
“momma, I wish I was a Transforme
r that could turn into a racing car.”
“I’m glad you’re not! Then I couldn't’t hug you and hold you!”
“But I could hold you, momma! And then I could put you inside me when I transform into the car.”
Quite literally, every single time I see my son, home from school, up in the morning, out
of the bathroom, his very first words to me are these:

“Do you want to play Transformers with me?”

He even sings a theme song "Transformers: More than meets the eye!" in a little funny way though..
Now he has quite a few TFs, some we bought him over a period of time, some he got as b'day presents
and now he wants to make his own collection...We
even have optimus prime dress up outfit for pretend play.

Here's is the biggest issue having too many TFs, my son is constantly asking my husband and I to
transform them ,whatever they are currently set to, he always wants it to be the opposite.
My husband even tried getting my son a few which are easy to Transform but normal Transformers aren't really meant to be manipulated by a 5 year old's hands so once again,mom and dad are constantly being asked to transform them...

Sometimes he gets up in the middle of the night to ask us Transformer questions. “Hi papa, Hey, can devast
ator beat up Optimus Prime?”
And now he is on a way of becoming a YouTube junkie cause he loves to watch videos on YT and that too he mostly watches 'tutorials' on how to transform the TFs into vehicle or robot mode..

He is just so fascinated by TFs which got me thinking that our role and goal as parents should be the same.
We should continuously be transforming into a better person, a better parent, a better partner and friend ...
A better example to our kids. And we
should take our kids along with us in this transforming journey to make life beautiful..

Sometimes, the megatron wins. But the optimus prime always defeat the decepticons in the end....

1 comment:

  1. Nice ...
    "We should continuously be transforming into a better person, a better parent, a better partner and friend ..." best thought..

    ReplyDelete